Training Sandbox Creation process
Step 1: Request Access to the sandbox portal
If you do not yet have access to the Content Hub sandbox portal, please follow these steps to request access. This requires approval and may take some time.
Browse to the sandbox portal and create a new sandbox by clicking the 'CREATE' button.
- Name: this is how the sandbox will be called in the overview. Part of this will be used for the sandbox URL. Choose your own training sandbox name.
- Description: this is for your reference only
- Type: this determines the type of sandboxes you can select. For now only ‘M-One’ is valid.
- Version: select the software version for the sandbox. Version will be available depending on your permissions. Select version 3.1.404. Please be aware that any other version is not supported for training reasons.
- Location: The preferred location basically defines which datacenter will be used to spin up the sandbox. For performance reasons, it’s recommended to choose a location that is as close as possible to the office where you’ll be using the sandbox.
- Usage: select "stylelabsdemo.com (training)"
Setting the Usage to "stylelabsdemo.com (training)" will trigger a script that prepares the sandbox for training. Any other option in the list will not run that preparation.
Select the 'options' tab
- Auto shutdown:
Disable this option if you don't want to have your sandbox being shutdown at the end of every business day.
- Expires on: by default, sandboxes expire 2 weeks after their creation. This can be extended to up to one month. A few days prior to expiration, you will get email notifications if you signed up for the option above. Remember that once a sandbox is deleted, you cannot restore it.
After you confirm your options, the sandbox will be created. This may take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. In the meantime, the sandbox you created will be marked in the overview, with status ‘Queued for creation’.
Once your sandbox is fully created, you will also receive an email from email@example.com
Once ready, you can login on the sandbox using your Okta account. Please note that your Content Hub sandbox may require some time to process the uploaded training data. (eg: assets may only show thumbnails after 30 minutes)