We will start day 2 with covering the last part of slides related to customization via CSS, as well as the scripting framework and Web Client SDK. We will discuss the different execution options available for scripts and an introduction of Web Client SDK. We will compare also the Web Client SDK with the Scripting framework and how to select the most appropriate tool for your use case.
Afterwards, we will be executing an extensive list of REST API exercises that allow developers to grasp all concepts and integration possibilities of the marketing content hub. Then we work on exercises that allow developers understand how they can transfer code from scripts developed directly in the marketing content hub to azure functions. This exercise will help developers develop the ability to prepare for critical cut-overs where code needs to be migrated from one structure to another.
We will end the day with further exercises on the concepts introduced during Day 1 where the developers shall consult sample code and documentation. These exercises will allow developers to understand how to search information in the documentation and explore potential use cases of the different hooks of the system
These exercises are focused on the REST API. The first exercise set allows developers to grasp a solid understanding of the hypermedia REST API of the marketing content hub. The second exercise introduces developers to usage of Azure functions with the Web Client SDK and how the code could be migrated from a script to an azure function. Additionally, there is an exercise on how to configure a SAML SSO provider which is the most commonly used SSO provider used by our customers.
Session 2 to 4
These sessions are reserved for questions and executing use case based exercises.
L2 Development Exercises
- Automated generation of public links for assets upon publication of assets
- Integrating with SAML2 SSO Circle provider and extending the login page
Extend & Customize
- Displaying certain system owned asset properties in an asset detail page via external page components
- Creating a single click action button for speeding up creation of a preview public link
- Validating that the description of an asset does not contain certain words while updating or creating an asset
- Hands on exercises for Scripting framework, External page components & CSS
- Hands on exercises on the REST API and Authentication
- Continuing with the exercises and porting code developed during Day 1 to azure functions
- Configuring SAML SSO Providers
- Developing new scripts for user sign in, registration and metatdata processing
- Youtube Integration of assets
- Customized 3D Rendering
- External page components calling internal scripts